Path Tracer January 2015
CPU-only, unidirectional path tracing engine written in Go.
This was the first thing that I wrote using Go and I've been loving it ever since! The inspiration for this project came from Evan Wallace's WebGL Path Tracing.
- Supports OBJ and STL file formats
- Supports textures, bump maps and normal maps
- Supports raymarching of signed distance fields
- Supports volume rendering from image slices
- Supports various material properties
- Supports configurable depth of field
- Supports iterative rendering
- Supports adaptive sampling and firefly reduction
- Uses k-d trees to accelerate ray intersection tests
- Uses all CPU cores in parallel
- 100% pure Go with no dependencies besides the standard library