FauxGL January 2017
3D software rendering in pure Go. No OpenGL, no C extensions, no nothin'.
It's like OpenGL, but it's not. It's FauxGL.
It doesn't use your graphics card, only your CPU. So it's slow and unsuitable for realtime rendering. But it's still pretty fast. It works the same way OpenGL works - rasterization.
I mostly wrote this for fun and for learning, but I've already found it useful in other projects.
- STL, OBJ, PLY, 3DS file formats
- triangle rasterization
- vertex and fragment "shaders"
- view volume clipping, face culling
- alpha blending
- depth biasing
- wireframe rendering
- built-in shapes (plane, sphere, cube, cylinder, cone)
- anti-aliasing (via supersampling)
- parallel processing