Feed Notifier January 2010
Real-time popup notifications for RSS and Atom Feeds on Windows and macOS.
Feed Notifier is an application for Windows and macOS that resides in the system tray or menu bar and displays pop-up notifications on your desktop when new items arrive in your subscribed RSS or Atom feeds.
Feed Notifier is for you if you want a news aggregator that focuses on real-time feed notifications and leaves out all the other stuff that comes with most news readers.
- Supports all common RSS and Atom web feed protocols.
- Clean look and feel, doesn’t get in your way.
- Configurable polling interval for each feed.
- Configurable popup duration.
- Configurable popup size, position and transparency.
- Configurable popup border size and color.
- Popups do not steal keyboard or mouse focus from other applications.
- Popups show item age and author.
- Navigation controls in popups to view next/previous items.
- Advanced keyword filtering options.
- Supports launching from Firefox and other browsers via feed:// protocol.
- Supports enabling/disabling individual feeds.
- Deactivates when user is idle to save bandwidth and processing time.
- Supports authenticated feeds that require a username and password.
- Supports using a proxy server.
- Displays favicon for feeds when available.
- Multi-threaded feed polling.