Projects tagged "objective-c"
This page highlights several of my personal software projects.
Table of Contents
Primitive September 2016
Recreate your photos with vector-based geometric primitives.
You provide an image as input. The app tries to find the most optimal shape that can be drawn to maximize the similarity between the target image and the drawn image. It repeats this process, adding one shape at a time. Using this process, the program can recreate a photo with surprisingly few shapes.
This project was originally inspired by the popular and excellent work of Roger Johansson - Genetic Programming: Evolution of Mona Lisa. Since seeing that article when it was quite new, I've tinkered with this problem here and there over the years. But only now am I satisfied with my results.
The core is written in Go and is open source. A native macOS app is also available in the App Store, providing a nice UI on top of the engine as well as some additional features like "drawing mode." To date, this has been my most successful paid app.
Links: GitHub • Website • App Store • Twitter Bot
Game Frame March 2014
Simulates the appearance of the Game Frame while you are busy pixel editing.
I backed the Game Frame Kickstarter project. While waiting for it to ship, I wrote this macOS app that displays pixel art in a simulated view so you can see it as it will appear on the real hardware. It supports both static images and looped animations.
Scale March 2014
iMeme February 2012
Meme generator for Windows and Mac that lets you quickly add captions to popular internet memes.
- Over 100 built-in templates.
- Enter your own header and footer text.
- Adjustable text size and alignment.
- Use your own images.
- Save as PNG or copy to the clipboard.
- Print directly from the app.
- Automatically upload to imgur.
- Automatically post to reddit.
Star Rocket February 2011
A cartoon-themed space game with over 120 action-packed levels!
Navigate your rocket through a universe filled with planets, asteroids, bumpers, teleports and items... collecting all of the stars as you go!
- Collect all of the stars in each level.
- Complete each level as quickly as possible. You will be rewarded 1, 2 or 3 stars for each level, depending on your time.
- Planets exert gravity on your rocket - don't get too close or you won't be able to escape the pull of the gravity!
- Magnets let you attract and collect stars from a greater distance!
- Shields let you plow through and destroy asteroids!
- Flames give you an instant boost in the direction you are pointing.
- Your rocket will bounce off of bumpers. Try it - it's fun (but not always helpful)!
- Teleports instantly transport you to another teleport location.
Feed Notifier January 2010
Real-time popup notifications for RSS and Atom Feeds on Windows and macOS.
Feed Notifier is an application for Windows and macOS that resides in the system tray or menu bar and displays pop-up notifications on your desktop when new items arrive in your subscribed RSS or Atom feeds.
Feed Notifier is for you if you want a news aggregator that focuses on real-time feed notifications and leaves out all the other stuff that comes with most news readers.