Craft April 2013
Minecraft clone for Windows, Mac and Linux.
A very performant Minecraft clone written in just a few thousand lines of C using modern OpenGL (shaders). Online multiplayer support is included using a Python-based server. Many people have used this as a base upon which a more complex game was built.
- Simple but nice looking terrain generation using simplex noise.
- More than 20 types of blocks and more can be added easily.
- Supports plants (grass, flowers, trees, etc.) and transparency (glass).
- Simple clouds in the sky (they don't move).
- Day / night cycles and a textured sky dome.
- Signs - you can write text on any block.
- Lights - any block can be set as a light source.
- Ambient occlusion for basic shading of blocks.
- World changes persisted in a sqlite3 database.
- Multiplayer support!